Sunday, October 28, 2012

Wasting Time on Perfection

So my last post on this blog was in July (yikes!).  Now, I have been out of town and busy and dealing with kids and all that.  But that isn't really why I've had such a long hiatus.  I had such a long hiatus because I wasted time wanting to create the perfect next post.  I didn't just want to fix the faucet; I wanted to fix the faucet and take pictures and document and etc.  And what actually happened was that because of this, the faucet never got fixed and I didn't start blogging again.  It is important to remember that sometimes the perfect is the enemy of the good.  And sometimes perfect is the enemy of getting anything at all accomplished.

An obsession with perfection has been the source of a lot of waste in my life, mostly wasted opportunities.  I have often had a fear of look foolish or just not being good enough, and so I just didn't try.  I suspect I'm not the only one.  I realize that this is a silly way to waste my time, and it is a lousy example for my kids.  So, I'm jumping back into this blog with the idea of failing better, having fun writing, and sharing with my friends and family.

Wish me luck.

1 comment:

  1. Luck! Fix your faucet then tell us about it! Getting the photos will come with time. :-)

    ReplyDelete