Monday, November 26, 2012

Leftover Reclamation: Sweet Potato Pancakes



My kids aren't crazy about sweet potatoes.  The baby tried one, and then spit it out and handed it back to me.   My middle guy says "ewwww!" because that's the phase he's currently going through.  My oldest will eat a few, but doesn't seek them out.But they all chowed down on these that I whipped up from Thanksgiving leftovers.  We covered them in honey and syrup this time, but you could make them even healthier and put applesauce or other fruit on top.

Recipe:
2 cups wholewheat flour
2 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
1 cup pureed sweet potatoes
milk, variable (see below)

Mix the dry ingredients and add the sweet potatoes.  How much milk you need is going to depend on how liquidy the sweet potatoes are.  Just whisk in the milk a little at a time until the batter is about the consistency of shampoo.  Then fry them on the griddle or skillet like normal pancakes. 

I don't have any pictures of the process because it didn't occur to me until the batter was already mixed.  But I do have some pictures of the finished product.  I hope you find this recipe helpful, and that you will share your favorite reclamation recipes as well.

 
 
Mr. Ewww
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment